"Thursday Night Live" at Bar 1620 Dartmouth continues…
As we leave the crazy summer behind don’t worry we’ve got it all going on. Our Autumn Sessions start this Thursday helping you start your weekend off the right way.
Cocktails and Live Music - Thursday is the new Friday, and at Bar 1620 Dartmouth it’s the start of the weekend!
UEFA Women's EURO 2022 - England v Germany
The Final, 5pm, Sunday 31st July 2022, Wembley Stadium
It has been a fantastic tournament so far and England have secured a place in the Women's EUROs FINAL versus Germany!
Join us at Bar 1620 to watch all the action live this Sunday 31st July.
Following the Lionesses' 4-0 victory over Sweden in their semi-final in Sheffield on Tuesday, Germany beat France by 2-1 in Wednesday's semi-final in Milton Keynes to set up the competition's showpiece game.
Ahead of the game, find out more facts and stats courtesy of Opta.
● England have won just two of their 27 meetings with Germany in all competitions, and have lost more often against them than any other opponent (D4 L21). However, the Lionesses did win their last such meeting 3-1 in February this year.
● Germany have won all four of their meetings with England at the UEFA Women’s European Championship by an aggregate score of 15-4. This is the first meeting between the sides at the tournament since the 2009 final, and a 6-2 win for Germany.
● England will compete in their third UEFA Women’s European Championship final, previously losing against Sweden in 1984 and Germany in 2009.
● This is Germany’s ninth appearance in the UEFA Women’s European Championship final, meaning they’ve appeared in 69% of the total finals in the competition’s history (9/13). They’ve won all eight of their previous finals, including a 6-2 win against England in 2009.
● England have scored 20 goals so far at EURO 2022, with only Germany in 2009 netting more at a single edition of the UEFA Women’s European Championship (21).
● England have named the same starting XI in all five of their matches so far at EURO 2022. If they remain unchanged here, they would be the first team in European Championship history (men’s and women’s) to name the same starting lineup in every game from the group stages to the final.
● No opposition player has scored against Germany so far at EURO 2022, with their only goal conceded coming courtesy of goalkeeper Merle Frohms’ own goal against France in the semi-final.
● England’s Sarina Wiegman will be the first manager to lead two different nations in the final at the UEFA Women’s European Championship, following her triumph with Netherlands in 2017. Her overall record at the competition is eleven wins from eleven games, with her sides scoring 33 goals and conceding just four in return.
● England’s Beth Mead and Germany’s Alexandra Popp have each scored six goals so far at EURO 2022, with no player ever scoring more in a single edition of the UEFA Women’s European Championship. Meanwhile, Mead also has more assists than any other player at EURO 2022 (4).
● Mead has scored six goals at the UEFA Women’s European Championship – the only English player to score more at the EUROS (men’s and women’s teams) is Alan Shearer (7).
● England’s Alessio Russo has scored four goals at EURO 2022 so far, all as a substitute – the most sub goals a player has scored at a single edition of the UEFA Women’s European Championship. She’s averaging a goal once every 50 minutes at the competition.
● Alexandra Popp has scored in all five of Germany’s games so far at EURO 2022. A goal in the final would see her become just the second player to score in every match from the group stages to the final at a single edition of the European Championship (men’s and women’s), after Michel Platini in 1984.
We are SO excited for more amazing THURSDAY NIGHT LIVE sessions this summer. The line up is as follows:-
Thursday 7th July - Becca Langsford & Alex Hart - Folk/Country Duo
Thursday 14th July - Mark Ely – Singer/Songwriter
Thursday 4th August - Ross Kelly – Acoustic Soul
Thursday 11th August - Emma Watson - Soul/Pop Singer/Songwriter
Thursday 18th August - DJ Jason Vegas - Vinyl Funk DJ
Thursday 25th August - Dartmouth Regatta Special
Booking is not required, but recommended for groups of 6 or more.
Drop us a line to book. Email email@example.com
Bar 1620 Dartmouth is fast being recognised as one of THE best Live Music Bars in the South Hams, Devon. Join us to see a plethora of home-grown talent, from singer-songwriters to jazz quartets to dance DJ's and a little bit of everything in between. Live Music takes place every Thursday from 7.30pm and booking in advance is highly recommended for larger groups as our fabulous little venue fills up very quickly!
Dates for your diary are as follows:-
Thursday 28th April - The Hot Club of Stonehouse - Incendiary Gypsy Jazz
Thursday 5th May - James Harris' Beatbelt - Funked up Jazz
Thursday 12th May - Mark Ely – Solo Singer
Thursday 19th May - Ross Kelly - Foot Tapping Soul Singer
Thursday 26th May - Rue - Duo with Bass Guitar
Thursday 2nd June - Martin Dale Quartet - Jazz
Thursday 9th June - Comedy Night – 3 new comedians!
Thursday 16th June - Neil Burns Quartet
Thursday 23rd June - Sam Fearon - Singer/Songwriter
Thursday 30th June - Russell Sinclair Duo - Blues
We are so excited to launch our Spring Thursday Night Live Sessions at Bar 1620 Dartmouth! Our first session of the year tomorrow is already SOLD OUT, but please do contact us to book one of our weekly sessions from now until April.
1620 SPRING SESSIONS
Thursday 3rd February - Derek Nash & Martin Dale – Jazz Quartet
Thursday 10th February - Ross Kelly Music – Foot tapping soul singer
Thursday 17th February - Sam Fearon music – singer songwriter
Thursday 24th February - Jason Vegas Butler – Doctor Functopus - funk - soul vinyl DJ
Thursday 3rd March - Comedy Night – 3 great comedians 1 great
night - Tickets £10
Thursday 17th March - Adam in the hat – funk/soul/jazz Duo
Thursday 24th March - Annika Skoogh Quartet – Jazz
Thursday 31st March - Rue – Duo with Bass
For more details go to our EVENTS on Facebook, or you can visit our Events page HERE on our website
And that, as they say, is a wrap…
Our doors are now closed until Thursday 27th January 2022 to recover…
But wow… what a 2021 that was…
After an incredibly tough start to the year we were finally able to open our doors post Lockdown Part III on 15th April to serve you all in our fabulous “Après” outside seating area on embankment. We opened inside again on 20th May & then hosted Dartmouth’s Unofficial Pride in June, and we were finalists in the Muddy Stilettos Awards in the “Best Bar Devon” Category and shortlisted to the last Five!
We launched our #ThursdayNightLive series of live events in July opening with James Harris Sax Beatbelt, followed by the fabulous Joanna Cooke & then the outstanding Derek Nash & the Martin Dale Quartet. In August we were thrilled to be a part of the The Port of Dartmouth Royal Regatta with our pop up in Coronation Park.
And it didn’t stop there. In the autumn we returned with more Thursday Night Live Events including a Gin Masterclass with Plymouth Gin, a Comedy Night with hilarious acts Wilton Milton, Suzy Bennett & Demitris Deech and more amazing live music including Sarah Yeo Annika Skoogh Music, DJ Jason Vegas Butler & The Drat Pack.
Our Sunday Funday Happy Hour proved exceptionally popular, & in December we hosted Christmas Parties galore, with the icing on the cake, our Party to end all Parties, our All That Glitters on NYE. What a night!
We can’t wait to welcome you all back again on THURSDAY 27th JANUARY… & we’ll be announcing more Thursday Night Live Events soon too… so watch this space!
Thank you to you all for your ongoing support of our special little bar in the heart of Dartmouth.
See you soon.
THE COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS IS ON!
We LOVE Christmas at Bar 1620 and we'll soon be decking the halls
with boughs of holly & getting the mistletoe up over the door!
If you are looking for the best Christmas night out the South Hams has to offer then look no further – join us at 1620 for your Christmas night out this year.
Bar 1620 is THE place to go for you festive gatherings this Christmas.
So whether it is drinks with friends, a family get together or your
work Christmas party, we can offer something for everyone.
We open Thursday to Sundays, throughout December, but we can also create a proposal for exclusive use events for up to 50 guests
Monday to Wednesday (minimum spend applies).
Contact us today to book your Christmas night out for 2021!
We also have our "Thursday Night Live" events in December...
Thursday 2nd December - Beat Belt return to 1620 – Funked up Jazz
Thursday 9th December – Annika Skoogh - Latin Flavour Jazz Quartet
Thursday 16th December – Christmas Special – ‘The Drat Pack’
Soul Funk Pop & Swing (Book Tickets HERE)
23/12/2021 - 12:00–23:00
Christmas Eve - 12:00–17:30
Christmas Day - Closed
Boxing Day - Closed
27/12/2021 - Closed
28/12/2021 - Closed
29/12/2021 - Closed
30/12/2021 - 12:00–23:00
New Years Eve - 12:00–01:00
New Years Day - 12:00–20:00
02/01/2022 - Closed
Looking for plans this Halloween?
Raise The Dead with us this Halloween at Bar 1620 Dartmouth!
We'll be raising hell as we enjoy some spine-chilling
nights of sin in our SPOOKTACULAR Cocktail Bar.
Come and sink your fangs into:
Thursday 28th October - DJ Vegas 'Doctor Functopus - Vinyl Funk DJ
Friday 29th October - Chilling Halloween Cocktails
Saturday 30th October - Day of the Dead Party
Sunday 31st October - Happy Hour - 2 spooky cocktails for £12 - 4-7pm
Happy Hour (s!) is back at Bar 1620 Dartmouth every Sunday from 4pm-7pm.
So don't be shy, join us for Sunday Funday!
Cocktails - 2 for £12 (main list only)
Bucket of Beers - £20 (any 6 330ml bottles)
Prosecco - £20 per bottle
We can't wait to see you!
BOOK YOUR TABLE TODAY!
Bar 1620 - the best cocktail bar in Dartmouth, and we to be honest the best cocktail bar with Live Music in the South Hams! Keep checking this page for all the latest news and events at Bar 1620, THE Cocktail Bar, Events Venue & Live Music Venue in the South Hams, Devon.